e-primbon for English Task

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Thumbnail Recent Post

Recent Comments

Glitter Text Generator at TextSpace.net
Posted by Ravindra Primbon - - 0 komentar


Look This.!


















That is one example of Asking for information.


 There are a number of formulas used when asking for information in English. Here are some of the most common:

* Could you tell me...?
* Do you know...?
* Do you happen to know...?
* I'd like to know...
* Could you find out...?
* I'm interested in...
* I'm looking for..

These two forms are used for asking for information on the telephone:
* I'm calling to find out...
* I'm calling about...

Asking for Information
Information about company
What does your company do?
What is your specialty?
What do you specialize in?
What is your main line of business?
We produce marketing materials.
We specialize in art and design.
What are your major products?
What services do you provide?
We produce office machines.
We design software.
We provide technical support.

Information about products
Could you give me some (more) information on this?
What can you tell me about this (product)?
Tell me about this one/model.
This is one of our top brands.
It's our best selling refrigerator.
This one is the best in its class.
We're really pleased with its performance.
It's an excellent computer.
I highly recommend this one.
This model comes with several features.
This particular one has two components.

Information about Price What are you asking for this?
What does this sell for?
How much is it?
How much does it run?
This (one) sells for $5900.
This one goes for $2900.
This one is priced at $9695.
Construction

Formula Question Word Example Finish
Could you tell me when the next train leaves?
Do you know how much that vase costs?
Do you happen to know where Tom lives?
I'd like to know what you think about the new project.
Could you find out when she is going to arrive?

Formula Gerund (-ing) Example Finish
I'm interested in buying a boat

Formula Noun Example Finish
I'm looking for information on holidays in Spain.

Formula used only on the telephone Question Word Example Finish
I'm calling to find out... if flight AZ098 will leave on time today.

Formula used only on the telephone Noun Example Finish
I'm calling about... the offer published in today's newspaper


Read more about this lesson !!!

Leave a Reply

Give Your Comment...

Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.

Play A Video Clip... ^ ^

Glitter Text Generator at TextSpace.net